2023 - 2024 GLOBAL ATS COMPLIANCE
If you are looking for an ATS certified resume, you will need a resume writer that follows Resume Resort (the firm to launch the first ATS resume in 1999) and RigBoyz' annual ATS compliance and compatibility guidelines, located below.
These rules are global standards, that when adhered to ensure that all resumes that go into an ATS (Applicant Tracking Software) are compatible with the program. Without compatibility being ensured, applicant data fails to extrapolate properly and errors occur in the data transfer. When this happens, candidate profiles are set up inaccurately and greatly diminish the chances of the applicants success.
February of each year, Resume Resort / RigBoyz, author the below ATS compatibility and compliance standards to assist both professional resume writers and candidates (that embark on creating their own ATS compatible resume).
What is an ATS?
An ATS (applicant tracking system) is a software program used by Human Resources departments, recruiters and employers during the recruitment and hiring process, to advertise for, collect, scan, prioritize, and rank the job applications (candidates) they receive via their online portals.
2023-2024 RESUME RESORT ATS COMPLIANCE GUIDELINES
The Resume Must:
1. Be loaded in either a .doc. .docx or .txt (plain text) file type
2. Be designed with as many keywords that match the candidates core competencies as possible, (covered in multiple presentations, such as commonly used abbreviations, etc.)
3. Have contact information located on the top of the resume, in the body of the document
4. Have all content in text format - NOT images
5. Have all content organized in the body of the document and NOT in tables, multiple columns, textboxes or charts
6. Use commonly used headings to articulate the content in that section, such as, "Employment History", "Education", "Certifications", etc.
7. Use common fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, Garamond, Georgia) and NOT custom fonts, etc.
8. Use the "bullet feature" for bullets, and not images or other icons in place of common bullets
9. Be read from left to right, top to bottom
10. Use for visual appeal only: bold, CAPS, italics, bullets and color, no other formatting or graphics
The Resume Must NOT:
1. Be submitted in a .PDF, .jpg, .png, or any other file type other than .doc, .docx., or .txt
2. Include hyperlinks
3. Have content in the header or footer
4. Have content in a table, chart, multiple vertical columns, textbox, or graphs
5. Include any images, graphics, photos, charts, logo's, etc.
6. Use unusual headings in place of common resume headings
7. Use fancy or custom downloadable fonts
8. Contain any content on the page hidden in white text
9. Use fancy bullets instead of standard MS Word bullets
10. Attempt to fit all pertinent content into two pages
11. Contain a copy and paste of any published job description, third party or other copy-written material
12. Be organized in any other layout to be read other than left to right and top to bottom
Looking to get Certified through Resume Resort as an ATS Certified Compliant Resume Writer? Contact us here for information on this certification: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Application fee here.
Ready to order your resume? Simple order process here: https://www.rigboyz.com/